Monday, August 27, 2012

For my "Indie I Am Artist Showcase" Artist



    September 8, 2012 I will be hosting my first “Indie I Am Artist Showcase” at Club Infinity (512 Kirk Road) in Theodore, Alabama.  I am so completely excited about that.  I know it’s going to be a long haul getting people familiar with us and coming to our shows but in time we will get our numbers up.   I’m determined to showcase to a full club and then move on to bigger buildings, or bigger clubs.  I see this show as only the beginning.  There’s another club in the area that I want to look at; so that may mean doing two shows a month verse one a month.  It is entirely up to the artist, if they want to participate but know this I will put a priority on the artist that’s putting forth the most effort.  I’m working towards paid shows for the artist.  I want everyone to be able to take home a paycheck.  I think that it feels better to know that you are working towards something.  I’m not going to tell you that it’s going to be easy because that would be a lie.  If everyone puts in the effort we could have a quicker turn around but that’s up to you.
     I plan to help all the artist in my showcase as much as I can because by making them better artist my company will have better shows and that is a win-win for all of us.  With that being said, my first priority is to do an assessment of each artist and determine what I can do to make them better artist.  Then I have to determine their market audience and  find a viable way to introduce them to that artist. 
     I have a marketing campaign that I want to implement right away and some marketing that will be implemented over time.  The most important road to success is the artist willingness to put in the work needed to reach their goals, first we have to determine what those goals are.  So after the show I will be getting with each artist to really determine how I can help them or how we can help each other.   For those who don’t want my help, that’s fine, because I don’t want to waste my time being counter productive.  Some of you may already have your own teams and that’s a good thing because that’s time that I put towards those artist that don’t have a team.  I’m only going to be there as an advisory person but if you really need my help on some thing I’m willing to do what I can.   But please understand that I’m not trying to be any ones manager or Record Label.  Philadon Production Company is my company and our job is to give you the tools to be a successful independent artist or help you to get in the position to be signed my a major label.  I provide live shows where an artist can perform, I record live shows that can be used to market the artist talents, and I provide useful information concerning the music business.  I will give you suggestions and advise but it is your job to implement those things; if you so choose.  You also have to realize that some of this stuff is going to be trial and error, until we find out what works us.
     I’m going to have someone sell my cd at the show, I can sell your cd too but my fee is 1/3 of everything I sell; and I split this with the person doing the selling.  I’m also going to be setting up at the flee market on the weekend to sell cd’s and dvd’s; if you are interested in me marketing and selling your inventory let me know, the same fee applies.  I only get paid for what I sell; so if you sell your own stuff that has nothing at all to do with me.
     I don’t want anyone to feel like you have to use me or my services because you don’t.  I’m still going to be me no matter what.  I would love to have your business but this is your career and your business, so you have to make the best decisions to fit your needs and as a business woman I understand that.  For those that want my help you have my number, or you can hit me up on Facebook under the name Philessa Hooks, or email me at Ladypj32@yahoo.com.  This is an area that I didn’t expect to be in but I’m very happy to have things going the way they are.  I can’t promise that all of you will be successful but I can promise you that you will get back what you put in.  I’m ready to pull my sleeves up and get busy making this a very successful venture for all of us.  I welcome any of you that want to be on board with me but know that you have a lot of work ahead of you.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Electronics

Exclusive Rights to a beat/track

What does "exclusive rights" mean?


  • This gives the music artist sole ownership of the beat, and unlimited use of it as well. The producer cannot sell this beat/track to anybody else and must take it down from any selling sites. Make sure that all copyrights to the beat are properly transfered to you and all usage restrictions are lifted. This allows you to use the beat in any way you see fit. You should be given a signed "transfer of ownership" agreement from the producer or beatmaker.

AD

By Emerson Duke

By Emerson Duke
by Emerson Duke