Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Building My Business


     I'm building my business, Philadon Production Company, and I'm trying to decide what I want to accomplish and how I can get it done.  I have to develop a fan base here in Mobile Alabama first and find ways to keep that fan base coming to every show I put together.  I think that’s going to take all of my talents and abilities.  I’m going to have to determine my target market and go from there.  The most important thing is going to be my ability to think outside the box, because this is a group of independent artist with no financial backing.  Yes, we are pretty much operating on a wing and a pray.  Well, we’re a little better than that but we’re definitely having to use the kindness of other people (club owners) to get started.  It’s a win-win situation because most of the clubs I’m approaching are not doing so well, so they welcome someone willing to do promotions for them free of charge.  In return we get to utilize their clubs for our show.  Fortunate for us, I don’t mind searching for those opportunities.  I only wish we had more of them.    It would be easier if I had a star or someone that’s been on a major show to promote around.  I’m hoping that one of these artist will be my break out star, then I can promote around that artist.  At this time all I can do is stick to the basics and hope that things fall in place.  I’m very hopeful that everything will turn out fine.  The main thing is to build a strong solid foundation in the beginning and work off of that establishment.  Every business starts off a little shaky but I’m confident that everything will flow together with time.  I'm so ready for this.
     I've been working on the web-site, checking and rechecking the content.  Then writing two blogs, and shooting live performance dvd's for different artist.  It has really kept me busy and I'm so loving that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Electronics

Exclusive Rights to a beat/track

What does "exclusive rights" mean?


  • This gives the music artist sole ownership of the beat, and unlimited use of it as well. The producer cannot sell this beat/track to anybody else and must take it down from any selling sites. Make sure that all copyrights to the beat are properly transfered to you and all usage restrictions are lifted. This allows you to use the beat in any way you see fit. You should be given a signed "transfer of ownership" agreement from the producer or beatmaker.

AD

By Emerson Duke

By Emerson Duke
by Emerson Duke