Monday, September 10, 2012

Saturday Night show went smoothly.

     Last Saturday night was my first Indie I Am Artist Showcase and I'm proud of the first results but there are a lot of things that I didn't do right.  There were a lot of things that ran very smoothly and I'm very proud of those.  I see this as a learning opportunity and a chance to evaluate the situation then regroup.
      I've decided to go a completely new direction for the next show and I'm so very pleased with the artist that performed.  I'm also hoping to work with some of them again.  Maybe not so much with the artist showcase but to hire them to perform in another one of my shows.  We are looking for new venues now and hopefully there wont be a problem with finding places for those artist.
      I took on 14 or so artist last time but in my next show I plan to limit it to just five or six max.  My itinerary went so very smoothly; so I was absolutely pleased with that.  I think it's better to plan for things than to leave everything to chance and in this case everyone was able to work from the itinerary and they absolutely delivered.  Having all the music on one or two cd's made the show just work like clockwork and the dj had no problem executing last minute changes.  I am now looking forward to the next show or the next showcase.
     I'm now planning an open mic competition for people from ages 18 to 24; which will be an untapped market here in this area.  I think the main problem is going to be how to reach that market but I'm very confident that I will get the job done.
     As a result of my last show I have acquired a small team of artist that are ready and willing to work towards change.  We are all very excited about the September 8 show but that is behind us now and we are looking forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Electronics

Exclusive Rights to a beat/track

What does "exclusive rights" mean?


  • This gives the music artist sole ownership of the beat, and unlimited use of it as well. The producer cannot sell this beat/track to anybody else and must take it down from any selling sites. Make sure that all copyrights to the beat are properly transfered to you and all usage restrictions are lifted. This allows you to use the beat in any way you see fit. You should be given a signed "transfer of ownership" agreement from the producer or beatmaker.

AD

By Emerson Duke

By Emerson Duke
by Emerson Duke